Window Style 101
Your window coverings can impact the style of your home. So, whether you’re aiming for a tranquil feeling or something lively to display your personality, you’re bound to uncover an idea here! Here are couple tips to dress up your windows.
- To create a sense of drama or to make a smaller room appear bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a dash of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to show off your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a quirky print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is used for your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a tad too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love sprucing things up for the season, or just like to change things up a lot, try switching out the curtains in your main living area. You can go as festive as you want to!
- If you’re having issues finding the ideal pattern for your curtains, don’t confine yourself to traditional window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you have in mind.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To dress up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You are able to use anything from a nice ribbon to sea shells you discovered on vacation.