The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated part of your home’s windows. They offer you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wishes, and with the host of styles and colors we carry, you can discover a combination to achieve whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you have
the ability to switch styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you select, there are multiple color choices to meet
your design requirements.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to offer more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make for a quick cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve seen a couple positives of window grilles, let’s check out the challenges surrounding window grilles.
- While there are a number of
designs available, some homeowners feel that certain grille styles may inhibit their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that is cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are sometimes more costly than those without grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to get replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles could be a great add-on to your next set of windows. There are a variety of things to consider, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our pros, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re searching for. Of course, with the number of choices available, we suggest stopping by our West Springfield showroom, giving us a call at (413) 561-7599 or setting up an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we offer.