The Entrance to Your West Springfield, MA Escape Hinged and Sliding Patio Doors
A patio is an important part of a home and its general environment. Not only does it act as a great spot for entertaining, but a patio can also motivate us to get out a tad more and take in some fresh air. That’s why it shouldn’t be a big surprise that the entranceway to the patio is just as important. Regardless if it’s a hinged or sliding patio door, it can offer a lot more than just being one more door in your home.
Whether you’ve just built a patio for your home and are searching for a new sliding patio door or you are simply changing out an old one, there are a host of choices to pick from when you begin your research. We thought it would be helpful to make the process a little easier by breaking down a few of the basics of the most common patio doors you will find out there.
Sliding Patio Doors
One of the perks of sliding patio doors is that they don’t swing open, meaning you have additional space to work with when it’s time to decorate and place your furniture. Sliding patio doors also let in a great deal of natural light, adding a warm glow to your home.
So what do you need to know about sliding patio doors to help you conclude if they are right for your home? Here are a couple helpful tips to help you in your search:
- Available in naturally beautiful wood, durable fiberglass and low-maintenance vinyl.
- Doors are created with one panel so that they easily slide to one side.
- Two, three or four panel models are available.
- Come with a variety of grille styles to select from.
- Add on a traditional insect screen or Pella’s Rolscreen® retractable insect screen.
- A number of hardware finishes are available.
Hinged and French Patio Doors
Hinged and French wood patio doors are another great choice offering craftsmanship that adds character and beauty to any area in your home. With the choice between two doors that swing open from the middle or two doors, one movable and one fixed, you can meet the needs of your home to help provide superior functionality and practicality.
Hinged and French patio doors have a lot of similarities to sliding patio doors, offering you amazing flexibility and customization to meet your design and function needs.
- Hinged doors come as single or double doors.
- Doors can open from the right or left.
- The wood construction can be guarded by a low-maintenance. EnduraClad finished aluminum exterior cladding (available in Architect Series®, Designer Series® and Pella ® ProLine 450 Series).
- Multi-point locking system available for added security.
- Satin nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, polished brass and white hardware finishes.
- A variety of grille possibilities available attached directly to the glass, between the panes of glass or removable.
Patios are a wonderful addition to West Springfield homes, and hinged and sliding patio doors are a perfect way to show off this amazing feature. If you want a closer look at all of the hinged and sliding patio doors available from Pella Windows and Doors, drop by our West Springfield showroom, give us a call at (413) 561-7599 or set up an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.