Spring Cleaning: Prepping your West Springfield, MA Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – few things are better than looking out your wood windows on a sunny, warm day in West Springfield. And with a small amount of spring-cleaning, those windows will shine, leaving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another material, no one wants streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a couple cleaning tips when you kickoff your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun can actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is appropriately cleaned, so use that cloudy day to get your cleaning done.
- Having the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how it looks.
- Always begin at the top when washing your windows. Doing so makes sure the excess drips don’t head to the part of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Take an old towel or paper towel and put it at the bottom of the window to catch any drips to keep them from puddling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make certain you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips made their way through, it will help shield the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a little TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the staff at Pella Windows and Doors can help offer proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drop in to the showroom in West Springfield today and check out which products are ideal for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.