Winter weather is just around the corner in West Springfield and when the temperature lowers, the energy costs can often increase. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors offer during West Springfield winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can trickle in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Greenfield team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before the winter hits West Springfield.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in West Springfield a call at (413) 561-7599 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.