Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your home. What is the purpose of your space? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for many years.
- Forget to consider the budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at (413) 561-7599, stop by our West Springfield showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.